lundi 5 novembre 2012

Private Chess Lessons


I've thought about it for some time and decided to start giving private chess lessons. Before going more into details, I want to introduce myself. It's always good to know who's gonna be teaching you.

My name's Michaël Fournier, I'm a 25 year-old chess player living in Quebec, Canada. I Iearned how to move the pieces when I was 4. However, I started being more serious about chess at the age of 11. My parents bought me a book for beginners. I read it over and over again. I was really enjoying it. At 13, I played in my first tournament. I  played people from 13 to17 years old. I unexpectedly won the gold medal, with a score of 4/5 even if I was the youngest player in my age group. In the 7 years following that tournament, I qualified for and played in the provincial tournament 5 times, ranking in the top ten 3 times. In 2006, I ranked first at the provincial tournament. However, I lost the tie-breaking blitz game which resulted in my opponent making it to the nationals.

As an adult, I've played in many tournaments, my favorite one being the COM. (Championnat ouvert de la Mauricie)

In 2008, I won the 1600-1800 section. Two years later, in the 1800-2000 section, I came in second along with another player but ended up ranking third because he had outperformed me during that tournament. I now play in the open section with experts, IMs and GMs.

I don't have any FIDE rating, as tournaments are not FIDE-rated where I live. Local tournaments will be FIDE-rated as of 2013.

My local rating (FQE) is 1984. Having played with FMs and IMs on the Internet, I'd say my FIDE rating would be around 2150. You are probably thinking " Why is that so?" Our ratings are lower than they should be because we lack players here in Quebec. We're literally stealing rating points from one another. You probably don't believe me and I can't blame you. Therefore, let's take a look at my online ratings.

I'm basically playing on 2 websites: www.chesscube.com and ICC

Chesscube:
Username: Hetfield1987
Rating: 2519 in 5 minute games. I sometimes play 3 minute games but only when I can't find anyone willing to play a 5 minute game. Over the last 8 months, my average rating has been quite stable at around 2370. Some masters have a rating similar to mine.

ICC:
Username: Hetfield1987
Rating: 2115 in 5 minute auto-pairing blitz games with a peak at 2125. This is the best website to play on, with the best opponents. If you've watched some of Kingscrusher's games, you know there are pretty strong opponents there.
There are a lot of FMs and IMs on this website. Their ratings range from 1850 to 2400 in 5 minute auto-pairing blitz games. Normally, when I play an IM, his rating is anywhere from 2150 to 2200.
Besides, I've beaten IMs and FMs, and even 1 or 2 GMs.

About the Private Lessons.

I will give you private lessons, focusing on what it is exaclty that you want to learn or need to improve.
I can teach you a tremendous number of openings, explaining ideas behind moves so you understand what you play. Over the years, I’ve tried a lot of opening lines to come up with the ones that suit me best.
My way of teaching is very simple but effective. I can teach lower-rated players more basic stuff too. Moreover, I will give you exercises based upon your needs and level. All you need to do is to follow my advice seriously. I have a flexible schedule, so don’t worry about GMT. By the way, I live in a city which is in GMT -5.
I will also provide you with exercises to do between lessons and analyze some of your games. I’m teaching via FICS or chesscube.com. I also make tutorial videos so you can learn some aspects of the game more easily.

I can teach in English and French. ( French is actually my mother tongue)

Fee: I did a little research on ICC and the vast majority of IMs charge around 40$ an hour. 50$ an hour is frequent too.
I charge 15$/hour. (USD)
If you’re interested, I assume you have a few questions. Feel free to ask me about anything.
Use the following e-mail: micfou1987@gmail.com

Type up “chess lessons” in the object of the message please.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire